A money coach teaches you how to Control Your Financial Destiny.
Meet Diane Nissen
Founder of The Alexandrite Group LLC
Diane Nissen is the owner and principal money coach at The Alexandrite Group LLC. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting with a minor in Business Administration from the University of Delaware. Diane is a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and a member of the Institute of Management Accountants. As a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) in the State of New Jersey, she teaches clients how to invest their money. She also has a Master’s Certificate in Project Management from The George Washington University’s School of Business and Public Management.
Diane has over 25 years of personal experience investing in the stock market and is a lifetime member of the American Association of Individual Investors (AAII). She is the former Secretary and Treasurer for the Ridgewood Chamber of Commerce. Diane volunteers her services, locally, for Social Services of Ridgewood and Family Promise of Bergen County. She has held a wide array of managerial positions with for-profit and non-profit corporations and entities. Her non-business interests include crafts, wine tasting, outdoor activities such as hiking and conservation.
Remember our name
Alexandrite is a rare gemstone discovered in Russia in the 1830s. It changes from a bluish green in sunlight to soft shades of red in artificial light. Like Alexandrite, when you are outdoors and understand your finances, you are in the green. When you are inside and lack financial knowledge, you are probably in the red. We want all of our clients to get outside and shine with understanding their finances.
Working with a money coach will:
- Improve your financial situation.
- Help you achieve freedom from financial worry.
- Provide a realistic plan allowing you to achieve wealth and happiness.
- Increase your self-awareness so that you will work smarter and not harder.
- Work with you to set achievable financial goals.
- Teach you how to make sound monetary decisions that are consistent with the life you want to lead.
- Working with a money coach is an investment in your education and life skills.
- Working with a money coach is not a quick fix. We provide you with principle based strategies that work for a lifetime, giving you enduring value.
- If you are an average household, you are carrying an outstanding credit card debt of $8,000 at 23% interest. That means you are paying $1,840/year in interest to your credit card company. It is a lot of money for not learning any new skills. You are worth it and your future self will be grateful.
Our regular sessions help to keep you motivated and offer you opportunities to ask questions and discover new ways of thinking about your money and your life.
Not convinced you need a money coach:
Money coaches, like financial planners or advisors, help clients make better choices about how they use their money, which can mean a more prosperous financial future. However, money coaches specialize in solving client money-related challenges. For example, if a client keeps getting into debt, the money coach can help identify ways in which the client can change their spending behavior.
While financial planners advise clients on specific financial decisions, money coaches attempt to change their clients’ behavior toward money, including their thinking about how they spend and save money.