Fall is a favorite time of year for many people. The nice weather and beautiful scenery make it an ideal season for outdoor activities. Fall also provides some great opportunities for saving on travelling. There are many ways to fully enjoy a fall vacation without spending too much money.
Money Saving Tips for Your Fall Vacation
You do not have to travel far to enjoy everything the Fall season has to offer. Fall is ideal for seeking out local outdoor activities, including:
- Pumpkin and Apple Picking. This is a classic fun Fall activity for families and friends. No matter where you live, there are farms and orchards all over that let you pick your own pumpkins and apples. This is an inexpensive day trip that lets you get into the spirit of the season.
- Corn Mazes and Hayrides. These activities are sometimes offered at the same farms where you can go pumpkin and apple picking. Fall corn mazes and hayrides are perfect for Halloween and fun for kids as well as adults.
- Hiking. One of the main draws of the Fall season is enjoying the foliage. Take a trip to one of your local parks and take a hike in the woods for a fun and cost-free Fall day.
- Wine Tasting. Fall is known around the country as wine season. There are sure to be wine tasting activities, including festivals with live music, at nearby vineyards throughout the season.
- Oktoberfests. These quintessential Fall festivals feature food, beer, and live music. They offer a fun day of activities and usually are not very expensive to attend. For example, the Oktoberfest at the Anthony Wayne Recreation area in Bear Mountain, NY only charges $10 for parking for the day.
Fall Travel Discounts
Another benefit of Fall traveling is that it is often considered ‘off season.’ There are sometimes significant discounts on airfare and hotel rooms once the summer ends. According to USA Today, you can save hundreds of dollars on trips abroad by traveling in the fall instead of the summer. If you can be flexible with your time and destination, you can find some great deals on Fall vacations.
What are some other ways to save money on Fall activities?